1 lb. Bread, large diced and toast
3 tbsp. Olive oil
2 Carrots, small diced
3 stalks Celery, small diced
1 Onion, small diced
5 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 Shallots, chopped
2 Honey Crisp apples, medium diced
12 oz Killer Pecans, rough chopped
6 leaves Sage, chopped
10 leaves Basil, chopped
1 ½ qts. Chicken stock
5 oz Butter, diced
- In a large bowl add the toasted bread cubes.
- Sweat the carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and shallots in the olive oil until tender.
- Add to the bowl with the bread.
- Add diced apples, chopped Killer Pecans, Sage and basil to the mix.
- Moisten the bread mixture with chicken stock, and then add the diced butter.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes until hot throughout.