1 vanilla bean
1 qt. milk
14 oz .sugar
12 egg yolks
13 oz. sour cream
12 oz. Killer Pecans, rough chopped
1. Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise then scrape out the insides. Add
the milk, the inside and the skin of the vanilla bean into a large pot.
Bring to a boil.
2. While the milk is heating, whip the eggs and sugar on high speed in an
electric mixer with the whip attachment. Whip until the mixture is
light and fluffy.
3. Once the milk has reached a boil, reduce the mixer speed to slow then
pour the hot milk over the eggs, mix slowly until the mixture cools.
Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure
everything is well mixed.
4. Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, mix in the sour cream.
5. Freeze according to the ice cream maker’s manufacturer guidelines. Once
the ice cream is frozen, but is still soft, stir in 8 oz chopped Killer Pecans
and place in a freezer or enjoy immediately!
If making ice cream from scratch is too much of a hassle try this……
Buy your favorite vanilla ice cream, use an electric mixer with the paddle
attachment to soften the ice cream then, add chopped Killer Pecans.
Eat it out of the bowl or put it in the freezer for later!