Blue Cheese Dressing:
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. scallions, shaved
½ tsp. thyme, chopped
to taste sea salt
to taste black pepper, cracked
5 oz blue cheese, crumbled
1 red onion, julienne
2 cups seasoned rice vine vinegar
Assembling the salad:
1 head iceberg lettuce
8 oz Killer Pecans
1. Whisk the first six ingredients in a bowl then season with salt and
2. Stir in the crumbled blue cheese. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
3. Place the julienne strips of onion in a bowl. Heat the seasoned rice
vinegar until it reaches a boil. Pour the vinegar over the onions and
allow them to cool.
4. To assemble the salad, remove the outer leaves of the iceberg lettuce,
remove the core then cut the head into 6 wedges.
5. Place each wedge on a salad plate, pour desired amount blue cheese
dressing over it then garnish with pickled onions and Killer Pecans.