Perfect to eat at home, perfect for on the go, perfect to keep some in the freezer for Aunt Sally who shows up at a moment’s notice. German Chocolate Killer Pecans Pie Bars are a delicious, casual dessert bar that’s better than its peers.
2 cups Killer Pecans
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
¾ cup butter, cold, cubed
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
¾ cup ribbon cane syrup (corn syrup can be substituted)
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast pecans until slightly browned.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9” x 13” x 2” baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Spray with grease.
- Whisk together the flour, confectioners’ sugar and cocoa. Add the butter and combine using your fingers or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Press the mixture into the bottom and a little up the sides of the prepared pan. The mixture should be dry, but will stick together when pressed.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips evenly over the crust.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs then add the brown sugar, ribbon cane syrup, and melted butter. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Pour evenly over the crust.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until the filling has set. Cool, then place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the pan, remove parchment paper and cut into squares.