Get adventurous and make your own ice cream, just like you did when you were young or maybe when your grandma was young. This recipe is simple and straight forward, just freeze add some Killer Pecans and you’ll be enjoying a happy bowl in no time. Just can’t be persuaded to take an adventure? Just buy a pint and mix some Killer Pecans in and you’ll get pretty close.
1 vanilla bean
1 quart milk
14 ounces sugar
12 egg yolks
13 ounces sour cream
12 ounces Killer Pecans, rough chopped
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise then scrape out the insides. Add the milk, the inside and the skin of the vanilla bean into a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- While the milk is heating, whip the eggs and sugar on high speed in an electric mixer with the whip attachment. Whip until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Once the milk has reached a boil, reduce the mixer speed to slow then pour the hot milk over the eggs, mix slowly until the mixture cools. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure everything is well mixed.
- Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, mix in the sour cream.
- Freeze according to the ice cream maker’s manufacturer guidelines. Once the ice cream is frozen, but is still soft, stir in 8 ounces chopped Killer Pecans and place in a freezer or enjoy immediately!
Buy your favorite vanilla ice cream, use an electric mixer with the paddle attachment to soften the ice cream then, add chopped Killer Pecans. Eat it out of the bowl or put it in the freezer for later!