How good your stuffing is may be the true test of your cooking prowess and the make or break side of the Thanksgiving feast. If you’re going home every year with lots of leftover stuffing, it may be that it’s not that great.Take it up a notch with our Apple and Killer Pecan stuffing. Created by resident Chef George Brown and stuffing making master, this recipe is a home run. No need to wait for Thanksgiving, it tastes good even in July.
1 pound bread, large diced and toast
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 carrots, small diced
3 stalks celery, small diced
1 onion, small diced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
2 Honey Crisp apples, medium diced
12 ounces Killer Pecans, rough chopped
6 leaves sage, chopped
10 leaves basil, chopped
1 ½ quarts chicken stock
5 ounces butter, diced
- In a large bowl add the toasted bread cubes.
- Sweat the carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and shallots in the olive oil until tender.
- Add to the bowl with the bread.
- Add diced apples, chopped Killer Pecans, sage and basil to the mix.
- Moisten the bread mixture with chicken stock, and then add the diced butter.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes until hot throughout.