We hope this beautiful photo of our Smokin’ Pecan Sweet Potato Mash is making you hungry. Time to say goodbye to the marshmallow monstrosity and give this recipe a try! If you’re are a sweet potato appreciator you will love the combination of buttery sweet potatoes and the subtle smokiness of Smokin’ Pecans.
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 sweet potatoes
To taste course sea salt
To taste freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
1 ½ cups Smokin’ Pecans, chopped
1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper then bake for 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Peal the skin from the sweet potatoes and mash the flesh with a potato masher or puree in a food processor with butter and 1 ½ teaspoons salt until smooth. Season to taste with pepper.
- Place the mashed sweet potatoes in a ceramic, oven safe dish and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with chopped Smokin’ Pecans and drizzle with maple syrup. Put back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes until the sweet potatoes are hot and golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!