An oldie, but goodie. This delicious blue cheese wedge salad is sure to WOW! There is just something about iceberg lettuce and creamy blue cheese that you can’t get enough of, balance out all that creamy blue cheese and crisp lettuce with some spicy crunchy Killer Pecans and you’ll be sad you’ve never tried it before. Time to take yourself and those lucky enough to be eating with you to a whole new level of pleasure.
Blue Cheese Dressing:
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon scallions, shaved
½ teaspoon thyme, chopped
To taste sea salt
To taste black pepper, cracked
5 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
1 red onion, julienne
2 cups seasoned rice vine vinegar
Assembling the Salad:
1 head iceberg lettuce
8 ounce Killer Pecans
- Whisk the first six ingredients in a bowl then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the crumbled blue cheese. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Place the julienne strips of onion in a bowl. Heat the seasoned rice vinegar until it reaches a boil. Pour the vinegar over the onions and allow them to cool.
- To assemble the salad, remove the outer leaves of the iceberg lettuce, remove the core then cut the head into 6 wedges.
- Place each wedge on a salad plate, pour desired amount blue cheese dressing over it then garnish with pickled onions and Killer Pecans.